Welcome to the 2013 Grindrod Bank Umngazi Pondo Pedal.
This event is a once-in-a-life time chance to ride in some of the most remote and sought-after virgin MTB trails in Africa.
Entry into this 3 day stage race will give you an amazing Pondoland mountain biking experience and something that you will never forget!
There is a limit of 66 teams in total for the event. Entries will only be accepted in teams of 2. When team places are full, you will be placed on a waiting list.
Race entry includes 4 Nights full board accommodation at the sought-after Umngazi River Bungalows. ALL teams will be sharing rooms and prices are based on per person sharing. Rooms will be allocated on a first come first served basis. Each days cycling route will consist of cattle paths, district road and single track routes, ranging between 32km and 35km per day. The routes are for intermediate to advanced riders and there is some climbing involved each day. The climbing / ascent ranges from 1100m to 730m per day. There will be one water table available each day along the route for competitors.
1. This event is open to Competitors only and is restricted due to available accommodation.
Only competitors will be allowed to book
accommodation (No non-riders)
2. Cost to Enter is: R6 000.00 per person / R12 000.00 per team.
3. Race Date: 5 to the 9 June 2013 (arrive by 5pm on the 5th of June, race 6th, 7th, 8th, leave on the 9th)
4. Venue: Umngazi River Bungalows & Spa / Wildcoast
5. To secure your team's place, FULL payment per team must be made 72hrs after your entry form has been submitted.
After the 31 March 2013, entries without payment will be removed.
6. Entries will be on a first come first serve basis and will close as soon as places are full, or by the latest on the 1 April 2013.
7. Teams will be sharing rooms and prices are based on per person sharing. Rooms will be allocated on a first come first served basis.
8. Entry withdrawals will only be done in special circumstances and applications for withdrawals must be done before the 1 April 2013.
9. A significant portion of each entry will be donated to local schools and charities in the Port St John's area.
10. Deposits for the Full TEAM ENTRY amount must be deposited into: FNB / B-Active Sports / Business Acc: 62074526652 / Branch: 220426 & deposit slips emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to 0865 122 182.